Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

On Monday, DH received a phone call - one of his coworkers lost his 16 year old daughter in a car accident on Sunday. I think I met this coworker once at a holiday party, but not his daughter. Still my heart aches for this family, such a tragedy. I understand the pain of losing a child too soon. I know they wish they could see her one more time, to hold her one more time, to stroke her hair, to kiss her cheek.

The family created a slide show of pictures of their daughter. I was a little jealous, all of the memories they have of their precious daughter, memories I'll never be able to create with my Sara.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

That is just so sad. It hurts to lose a baby so young that never took a breath, but I can't imagine what's it's like for them knowing she was just starting her life and now it's over. I'll never understand why the young and innocent have to die.

And I would have been jealous too.