Saturday, October 18, 2008

Butterflies



DH's aunt made this wonderful wall hanging for us. It reads, " A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam, And for a brief moment its glory & beauty belong to our world. And though we wished it could have stayed, We feel so lucky to have seen it."

A few weeks ago I bought some metal butterflies to hang in the guest bedroom. Friday I bought two blue beaded butterflies to hang on our family Christmas tree. (There will be several other butterflies on Sara's tree.)

A few days ago, I learned of another young couple who live nearby, friends of B's, who lost their 3 year old son. My heart breaks for them. He was very sick, but saying good-bye is always hard.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

That is beautiful, how thoughtful of her.

I love what it says- so very true.

Ya Chun said...

That is gorgeous, and the sentiment is especially touching. What a wonderful aunt.