Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sunshine & Rain

One of our local weathermen has a stupid gimmick. When he gives the next day's weather forecast, he rates the day, gives it a number. "Tomorrow's going to be a 7 folks." It annoys me, a stupid arbitrary number that HE assigns. A 7 vs. a 9 may be the difference of a few degrees, a slight chance of rain. I keep saying I'm going to email him and his TV station to complain, but I haven't yet. Not all days can be Chamber of Commerce days, beautiful, sunny, 85 degrees days. We need both rain and sunshine to grow plants and vegetation. It will get cold during the winter. It's simple science.

A few days ago my friend Lori wrote that rain reminds her of her son Logan because it was a rainy day when she lost him. That made me think of needing rain & sunshine ,literally & figuratively, in our lives to appreciate the other.

And so I leave you with a little Joy & Pain

2 comments:

Monica H said...

Ha! That make sme laugh. I'm gonna hae that song in my head for the rest of the night- thanks!

Thanks for calling me last night. It was good to hear from you :-)

Anonymous said...

I needed that laugh! You are so right. We do need both to appreciate what we have.

Thank you!