Friday, July 18, 2008

The Church of Will.ie Nel.son

Like any good Texan, I love Will.ie Nel.son. DH & I danced to "Blue Skies" at our wedding. I have a picture of Will.ie in the guest bathroom.

Recently I read his book, "The Tao of Will.ie." It was spiritual and some just plain old common sense for having a happy life. I felt peaceful reading it. One of the chapters reminded me of my friend Monica's recent blog about standing still. Will.ie wrote a song, "St!ll !s St!ll Mov!ing to me."

http://stillisstillmoving.com/?cat=35
I hope the link works, scroll down a bit for the lyrics and the short chapter.

Ethan had his wellness check on Thursday. He weighed 23lb, 14 oz and was 30 inches long. I think the length is off. We measured him at home with a yardstick, it looked more like 28 inches.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! He's getting so big. And I bet cuter and cuter every day. Do you ever head this way? If so, let me know so maybe we can meet up.

And no, the link doesn't work.

Mrs. Collins said...

I so want that book. And thanks very much for that picture of Willie and Earl. It just warms my heart. Oh.. and how did you get Ethan to stay still long enough to measure him?

Monica H said...

Thanks Kristi and thanks Willie!

Kristi said...

I hope to visit soon, I'll let y'all know.

Ethan didn't stand very still for us or lay still for the nurse, so either measurement could be off.

I checked the book out from the library, but may have to buy it & put it in the W.N. bathroom of course.