Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Life Is Good"

My family took a little vacation to San Antonio for a few days. DH, Ethan & I went into a Life is Good store. They have some cute t-shirts, esp. the Monkey and Peanut . We didn't buy anything. I felt like if I bought a shirt with just the company's motto on it, I'd have to add a footnote. "Life is good. (Except that I miss my Sara everyday and will continue to do so. Please remember her.)"
Ethan flirted with the sales associate there and she gave him a balloon on a string. He was so delighted by this yellow balloon bouncing above him.

The next day we went to SeaWorld. DH & my father were in the front seat, my mother, Ethan & I were in the back seat. Ethan fell asleep on the drive to the park. He is so beautiful when he sleeps. I watched my mother watch him, she started to tear up. I reached across and rubbed her arm. "It's OK, we will always miss her."

Life IS good. (Except that I miss my Sara everyday and will continue to do so. Please remember her.)

5 comments:

Monica H said...

A perfect foot note. I will remember her.

YAY- you linked perfectly!

Mrs. Collins said...

I will always remember her. Sounds like you had fun at seaworld. I'll call you tonight as soon as Andy goes to bed.

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
Funny that you wrote about LIG. I used to look at those shirts and think of how cute they were too. I'd pick one up, ponder buying it, and put it back down as I thought to myself "if I wear that then everyone would assume I'm finally okay". Life is better, not good. As Cameron laid beside me asleep last night, I cried over memories going through my mind of Lucas. Hope Ethan had fun at Sea World.

Kristi said...

Heidi - Exactly! I think some people would think I'm "over it".

Ya Chun said...

I'm often surprised when these kind of thoughts pop into my head. Then I think, WTF? how can we 'be ok', how is 'life good' right now? I still appreciate the good things in my life, some perhaps more now than before, but life is not perfect without Serenity, and the thought always brings me back to reality.