Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Helping w/wording?

To honor Sara this year, I bought packets of seeds & will give them to family & friends. I printed out labels that read " Sara Elizabeth, October 2, 2006, When the flowers bloom & the butterflies arrive, please think of her."
I'm tucking them inside greeting cards before mailing, the seed packets were flimsy just inside an envelope. I want to write something on the blank greeting card. For some people it's easy - they continue to honor Sara and I can acknowledge that. But other people we don't see or talk to often - distant family/old friends. I need a general message, just a sentence or 2. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Ya Chun said...

With being pregnant again, I feel like my heart is outside of my protection. There is a book by Thich Nhat Hanh called "The Sun is my Heart", meaning that one is so connected to the universe that the sun is your heart, outside your body. I feel like my children will be my heart, walking around out there where they can get hurt. MAybe something like this will remind this folks that aren't in your day-to-day life how much you miss her still:

"Our children are our hearts outside our bodies"

too esoteric? It's just been on my mind alot lately.

Love the idea of sending seeds and a card!

Monica H said...

I'll think about this for a bit and let you know what I come up with. And I'm sending over the poem - sorry I forgot.