Friday, September 28, 2007

Acts of Bravery

Yesterday, not only did I remove the tags from Peanut's homecoming outfit, but I washed it too! How's that for bravery?? I also packed my bag.

Next week is going to be hard - DH & I will spend October 2 remembering & honoring our daughter Sara Elizabeth. I'm trying to approach each situation with a positive attitude - we CAN do this. We've already been through the worst - we lost Sara. We plan to go back to our hospital to drop off a care package for the nurses to pass along when there is another loss - just a journal, grief book & a disposable camera & a note from us. Our friends Monica & her DH will be at the same hospital, they're being induced on 10/1. I want to visit them & meet Critter. I hope I can. I hope Critter's birth can bring some happiness at such a sad time.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

That is such a great way to honor Sara by sending a care package for other parents who are suffering as we once did. Not that the suffering ever goes away, but it's nice to know that you are not alone.

Congrats brave Momma for removing tags and laundering his new clothes.

When we received our memory boxes from the hospital after Sam and Jack died, the boxes contained a travel scented body wash, a journal, a camera, a greif booklet, a seed packet of forget-me-not flowers.

I think it would be neat to enclose a mold kit for the babies hand or foot prints. I wish I had thought of that when we had the boys. Just an idea!

Kristi said...

I like the idea of the mold kit. I'll try to get over to the craft store before Tuesday. I got the idea from the camera from you.

Lori said...

What all do you put in your care packages? That is such a great idea. I would love to do something like that on Logan's birthday.

Congrats for washing Peanut's clothes. Eric bought a couple of outfits for ELF, and I won't let him take the tags off yet either. They are in a drawer still on the little plastic hangers. I hope that one day, I can be as brave as you are!