Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Eviction Notice

I got confirmation today from my dr.'s office - we'll be inducing on Oct. 11!! Peanut will be evicted!

For the past few months, I've been crocheting a baby blanket for Peanut. I will never claim to be a expert at crocheting. I basically make scarves. I figured that I could make several scarves & then stitch them together. It looks bad. The scarves weren't the same length, so I decided to rip out some of the knots to make them the same length. That was taking longer than I expected, so I simply cut off the excess & stitched all of the raw edges. 3 sides of the blanket look good, but the 4th is frayed & ugly. I pick at it, hoping to get rid of the loose pieces. I hope Peanut likes it though, it's so soft. I promise Peanut, I'm a better baker than crocheter.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sure that Peanut will love that blanket because his mommy made it! Watch, he'll never want to let it go.

I'm so excited for you that you have a date!!! We will be keeping you in our prayers.

Monica H said...

Woohoo! That is so exciting. For the blanket, as least you made the effort and that's all that counts. It will be a special blanket no matter what it looks like. Congratulations, Momma!

Mrs. Collins said...

Ha! I bet it is cute. I don't even pretend to have any talent, crocheting or baking. My mother did make me a "menopause" blanket for Critter. What's a menopause blanket? Well ten years ago when she hit menopause she cut all the sleeves off of her long sleeve shirts to help the hot flashes. She saved them (why, not sure... but my mother put the "T" in thrifty) and made a patchwork quilt for him. I feel like I've done good if I spend a lot of money. I'm jealous of your talents. And Yes, Peanut will totally love it. BTW, I told Matthew about your blog and he said you should have a section of Peanut pics called the "peanut gallery". I think I told you that my mom was born on Oct. 11th. I confirmed with my doc., and I have a confirmed date too!