Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New Here

I've been following friends' blogs lately & decided to go ahead & start one. I lost my daughter Sara October 2, 2006 & have been writing in my journal to her ever since. I figured I could use feedback from others who have been in my shoes.

We lost Sara suddenly to an umbilical cord accident. Labor start that day, I called DH to come home, called my dr's office - they asked me to come in first so they could see how far along I was. We were taken to an exam room, like any other dr. appt. Then our world came crashing down.

The nurse listened for Sara's heartbeat, she had trouble, so she asked another nurse to check, she couldn't find it either. I started screaming "No!" We were taken up for an ultrasound where it was confirmed - our beautiful daughter was gone.

Fast forward to January 2007 - we had decided to start trying again to get pregnant. My periods weren't quite normal but we had also heard stories from other couples in our support groups who had trouble getting pregnant after their loss & I was already 33, so we decided to go for it.
The next month, we got positive results on our pregnancy test. So I am expecting our son Peanut(his name's a secret until he's born.), due roughly 9 days after his big sister's birthday - which also happens to be mine.

No comments: