Monday, September 17, 2007

Made With Aloha!

According to the King's Hawaiian bread website (and I always confirm my factual data on food websites), "Aloha stands for much more than just "hello" or "goodbye" or "love." Its literal meaning is the joyful (oha) sharing(alo) of life energy (ha) in the present (alo). The Aloha Spirit, then, is an all-encompassing attitude toward life: positive, loving, spiritual, respectful."

Our son was conceived in Hawaii. I don't say that to brag. To me it feels like it was destiny. DH & I hadn't talked about going to Hawaii, actually we considered a small trip to Georgia in the spring. Long story short, we were offered the use of a beautiful house on the beach on the Big Island in January. Of course, we couldn't turn it down. The friend who offered the house - I met after losing Sara - such generosity! Hawaii is such a beautiful, healing place. I felt like my soul was recharged there. I have a picture of me & DH while in Hawaii - we have smiles on our faces, real smiles.

I feel like Sara played a role in our wonderful vacation, that she was giving us her blessing for a sibling. I can't wait to go back to Hawaii, it will always be a special place for us.

Aloha!

3 comments:

Monica H said...

What a sweet and appropriate title for this entry. I never knew aloha meant so much.

Kristi said...

See what you learn when reading about Hawaiian bread?

A lot of hand-made souvenirs have tags that say "Made with Aloha." Maybe we should have that tattooed on Peanut's butt.

Monica H said...

"Maybe we should have that tattooed on Peanut's butt."

Then he'll be like a cabbage patch doll. How cute!