Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Peanut Update

Yesterday we had an ultrasound scheduled for 3:30. By 4:20 we still hadn't been called back. I checked with the receptionist, she said that they were backed up b/c Dr. D. had a compliation with one of the ultrasound. Of course I couldn't ask what that meant, but I had to remember unfortunately this may be the worst day of another couple's life & to have patience. Within a few minutes, we were taken back. Peanut had been wiggling around all day, so I wasn't worried about him. We saw the heartbeat - that makes me so happy each time. Because he was moving so much, the tech wasn't able to get any good pictures of him, she was able to take measurements - just no new cute faces to see.
They estimate that Peanut weighs 6 lb., 3 oz.!! I'm only 33 weeks 4 days. We're inducing at 38 weeks - how big will Peanut get??

5 comments:

Mrs. Collins said...

My official guestimate is 8 lbs. 5 oz by his induction date. If left to term.. 9 lbs. 3 oz. What's my prize going to be?

Boy those ladies in that breastfeeding video had big boobies no? I can't get over it.

Kristi said...

I know - I have wonder big mine will get - scary!

Hrm...I'll check with DH regarding a prize - perhaps the equilavent of Peanut's weight in Jelly Belly jellybeans - at $7/lb X 8-9 lb. - $56 - $63+ worth of jelly beans!!

Monica H said...

You should get the jelly beans before you give birth, everybody needs that many at all times anyway. That's kind of an exciting thought, actually! Off to H.EB I go...

Kristi said...

OMG - My spelling is horrible & I'm leaving words out. Must proof-read before posting.

The other day I came across a neat birth 'favor' - 1 oz. prepackaged Jell.y Bell.y bags - pink/cotton candy for girls & blue/berry for boys. The bag just said "It's a boy/girl." , not personalized, but nice to have at the hospital. I know I wouldn't do the candy bar announcements or similar ideas b/c I'd have to mail them out later. I'd end up eating all the candy bars instead.

Now I want jell.y bell.y.

Kristi said...

DUH! The prize should be peanuts!